People are becoming aware of PMO and organizations are encouraging executives to streamline projects for benefits realization. Majority of the organizations have already started implementation or are in the process. In this article at Agile Management Office, you get to know the 5 trends that are doing the rounds these days.
What’s Buzzing for PMO?
Business leaders are acknowledging the beneficial side of a flexible workplace. Agile methodology is one of the favorite approaches. Keeping up with the new policies, approaches, and corporate culture, changes are coming in the PMO perspective too.
- Agile Approach: Agile is slowly becoming the standard method of project development. PMO is using the methodology in bringing new changes to the traditional format. Leaders are initiating the changes to support the Agile processes. Since a PMO must oversee governance, reporting, scheduling, and gating for these projects, it must provide the required flexibility too.
- Going Digital: Digitization has come into effect so much so that certain PMO functions need virtual support in terms of tools. You can share information regarding project management office, projects, and management more securely. The tools are uploading intellectual assets as well as displaying project progress and risks.
- Role Modification: The traditional PMO monitored if projects and programs are aligned with the company objectives. Once the policies and standards are established, the committee bears no responsibility towards project success or failure. The modern committee takes up a more responsible and involved role as a mentor.
- Adding Value: Neither the employees nor the business leaders knew the role a project management office plays. So, the committee seemed more of an external force enforcing new policies on the organization. It is gaining more visibility through updates on the intranet and increased communication across the organization.
- Data-driven Decision-making: Due to increase in usage of software and tools in the processes, you can access data from anywhere anytime. The tools collect data from functional areas like finance, schedule, resource, risks, challenges, etc. These details are then used to implement a better decision-making process.
To view the original article in full, visit the following link: http://agilemanagementoffice.com/top-5-trends-for-pmo-in-2018/