Even though digital change turns out to be the need of the hour, many organizations consider it as a digital war with their counterparts while some are still resistant to change. To counter this mindset, the Project Management Office (PMO) acts as a powerful catalyst for change, be it behavioral, improved stakeholder support, or even adjustments required to attain organizational goals.
PMO: Leveraging on Technology
The process of digital transformation is majorly about improving and streamlining internal or external processes to help in leveraging technology. With technology advancement, customers’ expectations rise while vendors and employees also call for personalized experiences. The PMO can achieve all these goals and realign operations by leveraging on the latest technology. Here are five ways a PMO can stimulate and inspire change:
- Planning: The new management platforms enable the PMO to remain strategically aligned while prioritizing projects with organizational objectives. These platforms are scalable enough to help the PMOs grow with the business.
- Support: The PMO must manage digital initiatives enterprise-wide, from top to bottom. The PMO knows what data executives are looking for and how they want to receive it. With C-level support, cultures can be shifted from top down.
- Insight: With the growing rage of ‘Big Data’ and the ‘IoT’, focusing on the metrics, that matter for the organization, is crucial. The PMO can efficiently analyze and report on the data using PPM and other easy-to-navigate tools. This may also help you understand how your enterprise works and gives you productive future insights.
- Management: Appropriate insight will help the PMO to manage resources and optimize operations. In fact, this way the PMO can make your organization become more agile, responsive, and productive.
- Adoption: The PPM tools help employees feel more empowered and engaged in the digital transformation. The employees become more adaptable to new techniques and support new initiatives.
Click on the following link to read the original article: https://www.projility.com/how-to-drive-digital-change-through-the-pmo/