Apart from managing tools, processes, and systems, your PMO must also look after organizational change management. That means bringing changes to the corporate culture and managing people’s reactions. These sudden changes affect the company adversely, which majority of them fail to acknowledge. In this article at Ten Six Consulting, know how a PMO can implement seamless change management.
PMO and Change Management
If your business is becoming project-based or you are widening the PMO control, anticipate the effects and address them. Following are the challenges you will face during your PMO executing change management:
- You will discover organizational pockets where ideas are kept in isolation. These do not get to see the day of light due to in-house politics or misgivings.
- There are hiccups in initial PMO implementations. You do not know how introducing a project management office will impact business operations.
- There is no historical data of people’s rejection or imbibing rate of the PMO culture.
- You will encounter unsupportive senior management.
Introducing the Change Through PMO:
The most important part of a PMO is managing people or policies that require changing. So, for effective OCM implementation, map and develop the following:
- Factors of change management
- Impacts across the company
- Strategy for change management
- Working model and roadmap for sponsors
- Communications plan
- Training of change agents, support managers, and supervisors
- Strategy to manage resistance
- The final plan for change management
Create a change management team or delegate the work to a project team or company representatives. Stay prepared with tools to address resistance. The benefits of making organizational change management an integral part of PMO implementation are as below:
- You can deliver value by speeding the implementation process.
- People can accept PMO and its established tools, procedures, systems, etc. in a more positive way.
- You can introduce changes better by being proactive rather than being reactive.
To view the original article in full, visit the following link: https://tensix.com/consulting-services/pmo-implementation/pmo-organization-change-management/