The responsibilities of a project manager have varying components that must be carried out efficiently. A project management dashboard helps project managers keep better control of business operations. It enhances project quality, reduces cost, and improves delivery cycle time. However, using a project dashboard in an efficient way can be a challenging task. In his article for the Digital Project Manager, Ben Aston talks about the significance of a project management dashboard and how you can leverage it to upscale team productivity.
Significance of a Project Management Dashboard
A project dashboard helps you track the progress of your project and provides real-time insights on different project components for better understanding. With the help of a dashboard, you can display a multitude of comprehensive information for quick reference. Furthermore, you can also add timelines with the name of team members and their project milestones. It also makes it easier to understand the client’s requirements more clearly.
Types of Project Dashboards
Aston shares the following types of project dashboards that are popularly used:
- Revenue and customer display
- Customer satisfaction dashboard
- Sales performance
- Cash management
- Recruitment and hiring
- Web analytics
Tips to Configure a Project Management Dashboard
Here are some methods to introduce and optimize your project dashboard:
- Collect data associated with click rate, bounce rates, revenue, etc.
- Decide what metrics you need to measure project success. Your project metrics can focus on budget, quality, or any other specific metrics.
- Create an efficient layout to make the project dashboard more comprehensive for the entire team.
- Assemble the project elements systematically.
Advantages of a Project Dashboard
An effective project dashboard:
- Enhances team coordination
- Quickens the decision-making process
- Provides insights to enhance the quality of projects
- Upscales business infrastructure
- Makes business projects time and cost-effective
Click on the link to read the original article: https://thedigitalprojectmanager.com/projects/leadership-team-management/how-to-set-up-project-management-dashboard/